A visit to one of Finland's oldest family businesses, the Lignell & Piispanen distillery in Kuopio. On this distillery tour, you'll hear how berry liqueur and other high-quality Finnish alcoholic drinks are made. At the same time, you can learn about the history of Kuopio's oldest commercial house. The tour ends at the restaurant Isä Camillo, in a fine building that was formerly a branch of the Bank of Finland. The evening can be conveniently continued at the distillery-inspired Pannuhuone Gust. Ranin, in the basement of Isä Camillo, whose cocktail menu consists entirely of Lignell & Piispanen treats.
- Duration: The tour takes about 45 min, transfer to the restaurant about 15 min and dinner about 2½ hours.
- Location and starting point: Distillery tour: Gust. Ranin/ Lignell& Piispanen, Siikaranta 20, 70620 Kuopio. Dinner: Isä Camillo, Kauppakatu25-27, 70100 Kuopio.
- Group size: 5-30 people (according to the number on the distillery tour).
- Availability: Group bookings available all year round: on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Not on public holidays.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price:-5-9 people, €90/person incl. VAT (distillery visit €15/person)-10-30 people, €85/person incl. VAT (distillery visit €10/person)
- Included in the price: Guided tour of the distillery and a small sample. Three-course European Region of Gastronomy menu and drink package with Mediterranean-flavoured cocktails made from Lignell & Piispanen products for each course.
- For an extra charge: You can buy drinks from the distillery shop to take with you. Bus transport to the distillery and/or back to the city centre. Partner: Pohjolan Matka. Additional drinks with dinner, e.g. an aperitif, coffee and brandy etc.To end dinner, all listed cocktails at Pannuhuone Gust. Ranin at a special price for your group of €8.50/drink (normally €9-10/drink).
- Where you can book: firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 5810 453 or www.pannuhuone.net