Come and spend a nice relaxing summer day in the beautiful shore landscape of Lake Haapajärvi. Experience the thrill of fishing, enjoy the gentle steam of a traditional Finnish smoke sauna and refresh yourself in a clean lake away from disturbing city noises and rush! Try out fishing on shore rocks with a basic fishing rod and worms as bait or row the boat a little further out on the lake. You can also swim and enjoy the gentle steam of our smoke sauna.
Finally, together with the chef of Haapaniemi, we will grill local fish dishes, meat delicacies and seasonal vegetables. For an additional cost, you can enjoy the hot tub to take your sauna experience to the next level. The activity starts from Haapaniemi, a 20 minute drive from Iisalmi, where you can arrive with your own transport. We can also arrange transportation both ways upon request.
Meet your Haapaniemi host and learn to fish like a local!
- Duration: 5 hours
- Location/Starting point: Haapaniementie 173, 74150 Iisalmi
- Group size: 5-15 persons
- Availability: June–August 2021
- Guiding languages: Finnish, English
- Price: €125/person
- What’s included? Guiding, private beach, use of fishing equipment and rowboat with life jackets. Traditional Finnish yard games, traditional smoke sauna for 3 hours, towels. Outdoor grilling including fish, local meat, potatoes, vegetables, bread, cheese, berries for dessert, coffee and tea. For the outdoor activities, dress up according to the weather.
- For extra fee: Hot tub €160, alcoholic drinks from the bar, accommodation from €85 to €550
- How to get there: A 20-minute drive from Iisalmi. You can arrive with your own transport. We can also arrange transportation both ways upon request. For example, for a group of 5-8 persons, transportation from Iisalmi railway station to Haapaniemi and back is available for €120 or from Kuopio airport to Haapaniemi and back for €380.
- Accessible for people with disabilities: No
- Bookings and enquiries: +358 440 207 701, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.haapaniemenmatkailu.fi