The painter Eero Järnefelt spent the summer 1891 in Muuruvesi. During their stay he and his wife Saimi had their first born child. The young father painted in Muuruvesi two of his most famous paintings - "Cows in a turf smoke" and "A day in July". Eero’s sister Aino and her husband Jean Sibelius, the most acknowledged Finnish composer, and one of the most important Finnish writers of that time Juhani Aho and his spouse visited the Järnefelts in Muuruvesi.
During the dinner the Järnefelt family and guests as well as the household of Kauniinkangas and Kuninkainen farmhouse show some highlights of the summer 1891 accombined by traditional dishes at the Muuruvesi farm house. The performance is based on the A day in July by Tatu Kokko, manuscript by Maila Lonkila.
- Duration: 2,5 h
- Location: Muuruvesi village house, Rantatie 9, 73460 Muuruvesi
- Price: 65 € includes a three-course dinner.
- Date: 6th of August 2021
- The programme requires a minimum of 50 participants; the maximum is 70.
- The following are involved in the day's programme : Muuruvesi Village Association, PBG Korhonen
- Reservations: Maritta Norberg p. 040 509 8081 email@example.com or Jari Korhonen p. 040 5945688 firstname.lastname@example.org