A visit to one of Finland's oldest family businesses, the Lignell & Piispanen distillery in Kuopio. On this distillery tour, you'll hear how berry liqueur and other high-quality Finnish alcoholic drinks are made. At the same time, you can learn about the history of Kuopio's oldest commercial house.The story continues with a seasonal three-course dinner at Koivumäki Manor.
- Duration: The tour takes about 45 min, transfer to the manor about 30 min and dinner about 2½ hours.
- Location and starting point: Distillery tour: Gust. Ranin/ Lignell& Piispanen, Siikaranta 20, 70620 Kuopio. Dinner: Koivumäki Manor, Koivumäenkuja18, 70800 Kuopio.
- Group size: 10-50 people.
- Availability: Group bookings available all year round: on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Not on public holidays.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price: €99/person incl. VAT.
- Included in the price: Guided tour of the distillery and a small sample. Bus transport to Koivumäki Manor. Three-course dinner prepared from seasonal local ingredients at Koivumäki Manor, incl. drinks (aperitif, 2x12cl of wine and dessert wine/pair) and table service.
- For an extra charge: You can buy drinks from the distillery shop to take with you. Bus transport to the distillery and/or back to the city centre. Additional drinks with dinner. Themed evenings, e.g. Crayfish Party, Venetian Evening, Prohibition, Speakeasy, Christmas of Old.
- Where you can book: Koivumäen Kartano Oy, tel. +358-17-3614291, www.koivumaenkartano.com or firstname.lastname@example.org