A visit to one of Finland's oldest family businesses, the Lignell & Piispanen distillery in Kuopio. On this distillery tour, you'll hear how berry liqueur and other high-quality Finnish alcoholic drinks are made. At the same time, you can learn about the history of Kuopio's oldest commercial house. The tour ends at the top in the PuijoTower, built in 1963. In the Tower Restaurant, you can feel as if you're in the Puijo forest surrounded by natural ingredients, and you can enjoy a three-course dinner of local food.
- Duration: The tour takes about 45 min, transfer to the restaurant about 15 min and dinner about 2½ hours.
- Location and starting point: Distillery tour: Gust. Ranin/ Lignell& Piispanen, Siikaranta 20, 70620 Kuopio. Dinner: Puijo Tower Restaurant, Puijontie135, 70300 Kuopio.
- Group size: 5-30 people (according to the number on the distillery tour).
- Availability: Group bookings available all year round: on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Not on public holidays.
- Guide languages: Finnish, English
- Price: 5-9 people, €99/person incl. VAT (distillery visit €15/person), 10-30 people, €94/person incl. VAT (distillery visit €10/person)
- Included in the price: Guided tour of the distillery and a small sample. Three-course dinner of local food at the Tower Restaurant, including well-chosen cocktails made by the restaurant from Lignell & Piispanen products. Dinner comprises a Local Food Buffet, main course (meat, fish or vegetarian option) served at table, and the Tower Stand by enjoyed with a cup of Puijo 1963 coffee or a wild herb infusion.
- For an extra charge: You can buy drinks from the distillery shop to take with you. Bus transport to the distillery and/or back to the city centre. Partner: Pohjolan Matka. Additional drinks with dinner, e.g. an aperitif, coffee and brandy etc.
- Where you can book: firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 5810 453 or www.puijopeak.fi/ravintolat